Convert Eudora to Outlook/Office 365
How to Convert Eudora MBOX to Outlook/Office 365?
After the discontinuation of Eudora email client, its users are switching over to other email clients such as Thunderbird and Microsoft Outlook. Though Mozilla recommends Thunderbird to Eudora users, many of them prefer MS Outlook or cloud platforms like Office 365 owing to their advanced features.
How to migrate Eudora emails to Outlook or Office 365?
One cannot directly convert Eudora MBOX files to Outlook or Office 365. To do the conversion manually, we first need to import data to Outlook Express and then import the mailbox data from Outlook Express to MS Outlook.
To migrate emails from Eudora to Outlook, we need to convert the MBOX files of the Eudora application to PST format. Below is the manual method to convert MBOX files to PST:
1. Launch Outlook Express, select File> Import > Messages.
2. From the entire list of email applications, select Eudora and click Next.
3. Browse to the location of Eudora MBOX file, select it, and click Next.
Note: All the MBOX files of Eudora application are stored at “C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora.”
4. Select the required folders and click Next.
5. In the end, click Finish.
This is the final step of the migration from Outlook Express to MS Outlook.
1. Launch MS Outlook.
2. Go to File>Open>Import and Export.
3. Select Import Internet Mail and Addresses and click Next.
4. Select Outlook Express and select the checkbox, Import Mail.
5. Click Finish (after selecting the required options).
Now all the imported folders can be accessed in MS Outlook.
The manual method for conversion of MBOX to PST is not a direct process as you see. It requires a lot of technical know-how.
Relying on third-party tool is always advisable for best results. RecoveryFix MBOX to PST Converter exports all the MBOX files to Outlook PST, MSG, EML and OFFICE 365. The software guarantees 100% data integrity and accuracy. The steps for conversion are shown below:
- Launch Recoveryfix MBOX Converter and out of the 20 email clients, select Eudora.
- Click Add Files button, browse and select the MBOX file, and click Finish.
- Preview the content of the selected MBOX files.
- Select the saving format as per your convenience and save the data.
After the discontinuation of Eudora email client, many of its users are switching over to MS Outlook and Office 365 using manual methods or third-party tools like Recoveryfix MBOX to PST Converter. This tool offers quick MBOX to PST conversation for Eudora users.