View Corrupt EDB File, Open EDB File
The Exchange database file is created by the Microsoft Exchange Server. EDB file contains a lot of important data like emails, calendars, notes, attachments, contacts, tasks, journals, etc. All this data are saved in EDB file in the form of Rich Text Format. Hence, the EDB file plays an important role in the life of an Exchange Server user.
What is the need to open EDB file without Exchange Server?
Now, the question is why you need to open an EDB file without Exchange Server?
- If there is a problem with your internet connection.
- If there is some sort of data spall.
- If there is any type of conflict in the system.
- If there are complications within Exchange Server.
- If there is any privacy issue.
- If you cannot access your Exchange Server due to any reason.
- If your EDB file is unmounted.
- If there is a virus or malware attack.
- If the required EDB file is corrupted.
In the scenario, when your Exchange Server is facing some sort of error and you want to open the EDB file, then you need to find a way. Or in another case, if your EDB file gets corrupt, then also you will need a medium to fix and save it or view corrupt EDB file.
If your EDB file is healthy and there is a problem with the Exchange Server, then in this case, you need to Convert EDB to PST first and then open it in Outlook. If the case is different and your EDB file is corrupt, then the only solution to view & repair corrupt EDB file is with the help of a third-party tool.
View EDB File with RecoveryFix for Exchange Server Recovery
RecoveryFix for Exchange Server Recovery is a tool that can provide you a full-time solution for your Exchange Server related issues. With the help of the tool, you can Recover, Migrate, Export mailboxes from corrupt or healthy EDB files and also can create a backup of the file. There are several benefits of the tool, one of which is that you can open or view corrupt EDB file for free. Let’s see how it works.
- Once the software is installed, run it and click on Select Source.
- Here, you need to select the source type, select ‘Offline EDB file’ and click on Next.
- Click on the three dots dedicated to browse your file. Select the desired healthy or corrupt EDB file and click on Next.
- Select the scanning mode; Standard Scan can fix almost all your EDB related issues. Select the scanning mode and click on Next.
- Once the process is finished, click on Finish.
- Select the content you want to view and click on the Preview button on the right corner of the screen.
- Enjoy the preview.
Note: If the EDB file you are using is large in size, then select the ‘Use Disk Space.’
In this blog, we have discussed how we can open corrupt EDB files with the help of RecoveryFix for Exchange Server Database Recovery. We have also discussed how one can view EDB file manually, but that is applicable only if your EDB file is healthy. If your EDB file is corrupt, then the manual method may not help, so to tackle the problem further you will need the automated method to view it.