EDB is the file extension for Exchange Server database files. Sometimes, users need to migrate an EDB file to Live Exchange Server to access its data in the Exchange environment. But there is no manual method to export EDB data to live Exchange directly. You’ll either have to convert the EDB file to PST or use a third-party tool to migrate EDB data to live Exchange.
And when it comes to a third-party tool, there is no better software than RecoveryFix for Exchange Server. It is an effective tool that helps users to migrate mailbox items to Office 365 or live Exchange directly. It is empowered with some advanced features, which includes:
- Recovering entire mailboxes from an EDB file
- Migrating data from EDB to Live Exchange/Office 365
- Migrating data with the original folder hierarchy
- Drag-&-Drop and Copy-Paste feature to migrate data easily.
Now, let’s have a look at the working process of this tool for better understanding.
Steps to Migrate EDB File to Live Exchange with RecoveryFix
The Edb to live Exchange migration process of RecoveryFix Exchange Server consists of three major steps. Adding Source, Adding Destination, and Migrating Mailboxes from Source to Destination. Here, we’ll go through each category step-by-step.
1. Download RecoveryFix for Exchange Server and install on your system.
Adding EDB File as Source
2. After launching the tool, click the “Add Source” button. A dialog box will appear on the screen, select “Offline EDB File” to add EDB file as source
3. Now, click the “Browse” button to select the EDB file, and then click “Next.”
Note: If you don’t know the location of EDB file, you can search for it with the “Search” option.
4. Now, select the mode to scan the EDB file and click “Next” to continue.
5. The EDB file will be added to the tool; you can check all its mailboxes and view their content.
Adding Live Exchange as Destination
6. Now, to add live Exchange as a destination, click “Add Destination” and select “Live Exchange (On-premises)” from the dialog box and click “Next.”
7. In the next step, the tool will ask for Live Exchange Server information, such as connection preference, Exchange Server name, Mailbox name, or Exchange Server version, etc.
Note: Select the checkbox “It’s Exchange Server 2013/2016” if you’re using Exchange 2013/2016.
8. Select the mailboxes to which you want to migrate the data. Click “Next” after selecting the mailboxes. The Live Exchange mailboxes will be added to the tool.
9.You can see mailboxes of both source and destination in the software.
Migrating Mailboxes from EDB to Live Exchange
10. Now, if you want to migrate all mailboxes from EDB file to Live Exchange, then right-click on the root folder in the source pane and select “Copy all mailboxes.”
11. Go to the destination and right-click on the root folder and click “Paste all mailboxes.”
12. Select mailboxes before migrating. Click Next.
Note: With the Custom Selected option, you can apply a custom selection of folders to all the mailboxes. You can choose the options Select All/Deselect All to select or deselect all mailboxes. Select “Save with Hierarchy” to migrate mailboxes in the same hierarchy.
13 .In the next step, select the filters for the mailboxes, such as item type, date range, including/excluding folders, etc. and click “Next.”
14.The migration wizard will appear on the screen. Here, you can map the source mailboxes with the destination mailboxes. Click “Next” after mapping.
15. The migration process will start. Once it is complete, a notification will appear on the screen displaying “Migration Successful.” Click “Ok” and then click “Finish” to end the process.
Thus, EDB file mailboxes have been migrated to Live Exchange mailboxes. Similarly, you can also a copy folder, and then paste it to a destination mailbox.
Migrating EDB file data to live Exchange was never easy because the only manual option to achieve it was converting EDB to PST. But, with the help of RecoveryFix for Exchange Server Recovery, you can directly migrate Edb data to live Exchange. This software makes the migration quick and easier even for non-technical users.
Read Related Blog
- 2 reliable methods for exchange edb to pst conversion
- How To Repair Exchange Database EDB File
- Securing exchange database files from getting damage due to dirty shutdown state
- Fix up for this error message your microsoft exchange server is unavailable
- Know a right solution to overcome edb file error while mounting an exchange server database
- Recover and Restore a Mailbox From Exchange Server 2010
- How to Change the Location of Outlook OST file?
- How to Recover Exchange Server 2019 Database?