Most individuals, especially professional videographers, use high-quality cameras like Sony, Panasonic, and Canon to shot high-quality videos. These videos are shot in the MTS file extension and saved in advanced video coding high definition format. MTS generally stores videos of high definitions like 1080, 4K, etc.
But, like any other video file format, MTS is also prone to corruption errors, which make it inaccessible for users to access them. Therefore, users look for a solution that can quickly repair the MTS video files.
In this article, we will discuss how you can repair corrupt/damaged MTS video files quickly with the help of useful methods.
Why MTS Files Get Corrupt?
There aren’t any specific reasons behind an MTS file being corrupt; it could happen due to various reasons, such as:
- If there is a virus or malware in your system
- Sudden system shut down while opening an MTS file
- Compression issues with the video
- If there is an interruption while downloading or transferring the file
- If the operating system is unable to handle the file compression
Ways to Recover Corrupt MTS Video Files
Talking about the methods to repair corrupt MTS files, there aren’t many options available, like repair corrupt MP4 videos . But, there are still some unique techniques that can be utilized for improving corrupt/damaged MTS video files. Listed below are some of the effective methods to repair video files.
1st Method – Using VLC Media Player
Most individuals don’t know that VLC is not just a media player; it offers much more than that. For instance, it can be used to convert MP4 videos to AVI format, and fix corruption errors for video file formats that are supported by it. In order to repair the MTS file with VLC media player, you can follow the below steps.
- First of all, create a copy of the corrupt MTS file and rename it to AVI.
- Now, go to VLC Media Player and select Preferences in the Tool menu.
- From the Preferences section, click ‘Input or Codecs’ and then click Save.
- After clicking save, select ‘Always Fix’ next to Repair AVI files, and then hit OK.
Doing so might repair the MTS video file, but this method only works to eliminate minor corruption errors. It isn’t helpful for large corrupted files.
2nd Method – Change the MTS File Format or Convert it
If you find yourself comfortable with using MTS videos in other file formats, then it’s a great idea to convert the file into another format like MP4, AVI, etc. You can take help from VLC media player to convert video files into other formats, or you could also opt for video converter tools, which are specially designed to convert MP4 video to AVI, 3GP, MKV, etc.
But, before proceeding to the conversion method, make sure you create a backup of the MTS file, and use that copy for the converter tool to avoid any types of data loss.
Other Workarounds for Repairing MTS Videos
Apart from the above methods, some other workarounds can be used to fix corruption error in MTS videos, which includes:
- Try opening the MTS file on other media
- Export/Download MTS files
- Download codecs for the file
- Update the PC drivers
If the MTS file is not operating on Windows Media player, then try to open it with VLC media player, MX player, MKV media player, etc.
Any corruption that occurs due to sudden power loss during download or transfer of MTS files from the camera can damage the data. So, it would help if you try to re-download and re-transfer the video file.
If often happens that most video players are not equipped with all codecs for video files. Thus, you should install codecs for the MTS file from the internet.
Another standard solution that can be used to fix MTS video file corruption is updating the existing drivers of your PC. If the drivers are not updated correctly, then it could cause stuttering issues in the MTS video. You can update the drivers with windows update.
Repair MTS Video with Recoveryfix Video Repair
If none of the above methods fulfill your requirements, then you can opt for Recoveryfix Video Repair utility, which is specially designed to repair corrupt video files. It comes with an interactive user interface and advanced functionalities that can quickly fix corruption errors in the video file and make them accessible. Let’s have a look at the working process of this software now.
- First of all, download and configure the software on your system.
- After downloading the software, click the Add files button to add the corrupt MTS files.
- Select the corrupt files for repairing that you want to fix with the MTS tool and click OK. You can add multiple files at once for repairs.
- After adding the files, you need to add reference files that are similar to the corrupt video files to the software to analyze the structure of the corrupt video for better recovery.
- Once the reference files are added, click Repair and select a location to save the reference files.
- The tool will start repairing the files; once they are fixed, you can close the repairing process.
This is the easiest method to repair any corrupt video file, whether it’s MP4, AVI, 3Gp, WMV, or MTS.
Repairing corrupt/damaged MTS videos could be a headache for many users, as they don’t know the exact process of improving the video file. In this article, we tried to cover the best methods that can be used to repair corrupt, damaged video files quickly, as well as we discussed abut Recoveryfix video repair tool, which is specially designed for fixing major corruption errors in video files.
- Resolve Black Screen Issue While Playing Videos
- Video Playback Error Code 224003
- Fix the ‘VLC not playing MKV files’ error