As an administrator of a Microsoft Exchange Server 2019 environment, you are always looking for ways to make your job easier. One critical task is ensuring that user mailboxes are always accessible and working properly. When disaster strikes and a mailbox becomes inaccessible, it can be a real challenge to get it back up and running.
But never fear; there are several methods you can use to recover an Exchange Server 2019 mailbox. The best method for your organization will depend on the situation. In this article, we will look at the most common methods for recovering Exchange Server 2019 mailboxes. So, let us get started.
How to Recover the Exchange Server 2019 Mailboxes?
There are a few different methods that can be used to recover Exchange Server 2019 mailboxes. Depending on the cause of data loss, and the severity of the issue, one method may be more appropriate than the other. You can also look to convert EDB to Office 365 in case you are looking for an alternate solution. But for now, follow the solutions here below.
Using the Connect Mailbox Option in EAC
The first method is to use the built-in mailbox connect option. To do this:
- Access Exchange Admin Center.
- Go to recipients and then tap on mailboxes.
- Choose the mailbox that you wish to restore.
- From the More section, click on “Connect a mailbox.“
- Enter the required information & tap on the “Connect” button.
- To confirm, click Yes.
- Click OK after selecting the user account you want from the list. Users can now access deleted mailboxes through their accounts.
Use Eseutil for Exchange 2019 Mailbox Database Recovery
If you are not able to access Exchange mailboxes, you can try using the eseutil command line. This utility scans your Exchange database and then recovers data. To use this tool, follow the steps below.
- Stop the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service.
- Navigate to the location of your Exchange 2019 mailbox database file. By default, this is C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Mailbox\.
- Copy the mailbox database file to another location. This can be your backup file in case something goes wrong during the recovery process.
- In command prompt, run the following command: eseutil /r E01 /d “C:\temp” /i
- Replace “E01” with the name of your mailbox database file and “C:\temp” with the location of your recovered database file.
- Start the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service.
- Lastly, mount the repaired database.
Using Exchange Management Shell
With the Management sheel cmdlet, you can recover mailboxes database in Exchange Server 2016 and 2019. To connect the disconnected Exchange Server mailboxes via the Management Shell cmdlet, you need to use this cmdlet:
You need to provide the necessary details like mailbox name, database name, user account name, & alias name. Once you have provided all the details, hit Enter to run the command. This will connect the disconnected mailbox to Exchange Server 2019 and make it accessible again.
Using Exchange Recovery Tool
These are some methods that can be used to recover Exchange Server 2019 mailboxes. Depending on your specific needs, one of these methods may be more appropriate than the other. If you are not so sure which method to use or if you are stuck somewhere, it would be wise to save some specified items to a PST file. But how? We have got a top-notch solution for you: Recoveryfix for Exchange Recovery.
It is a highly advanced tool that helps you recover mailbox data from severely corrupt EDB files. The tool retrieves all mailbox content in the best possible condition and saves it to a new or existing PST file. It also supports the recovery of deleted mailboxes and items you thought were lost permanently. Overall, it is an excellent tool that helps you conduct a smooth recovery & repair corrupt EDB files easily.
There are several ways to recover Exchange Server 2019 mailboxes. Hopefully, you will never need to use any of these methods, but it’s good to know they are available just in case. If you do experience a mailbox loss, don’t panic! These methods can help you get your data back quickly and easily.
But, if you are facing any issues with Exchange Server 2019 mailboxes, don’t hesitate to try Recoveryfix for Exchange Server. It could be the exact solution you’ve been searching for. This utility has been tested and proven reliable, efficient, and user-friendly, making it the best choice for your business’s email recovery needs. Give it a try today!
- Recover Exchange database using Recoveryfix for Exchange
- Exchange Database Recovery Tool, How to Perform?
- Recover Exchange Server mailboxes from Exchange EDB file