Summary: – This article will help you understand why you got the Microsoft Outlook 0x8004010f error and how to solve it.
Outlook, the personal information manager from Microsoft, is one of the most popular email clients today. It helps you manage mail, calendar, task, journal, and many more.
When you add an account to Outlook for offline work, an Offline Storage File (OST) is created on the local drive. Similarly, a Personal Storage Table (PST) file is created by configuring a POP account profile in Outlook. This helps you to access your previously downloaded email messages, calendar, contacts, and tasks offline or without an internet connection.
Sometimes the user faces an error while accessing their mailbox data in Outlook, due to faulty synchronization between Outlook and the email server or problems with the OST or PST file. And it is common to receive the error message 0x800CCC0E while sending/receiving emails.
Let’s discuss the reasons behind this error 0x8004010F
A user cannot access the OST file due to faulty or incomplete synchronization between Outlook and Exchange server. This can happen to:
- Due to corrupt OST or PST file
- Relocation of OST file
- Outlook profile corruption
- Due to internet problems
- Copying of old OST file used by the previous version after upgrading Outlook,
- Firewall settings
Different Ways to solve the error 0x8004010F
Way 1: – Restart Outlook & check the internet connectivity
Sometimes, a restart may resolve issues with programs, and the system fixes Outlook Send & Receive errors. So, you need to restart Outlook or the system and then check again. Check the internet connection also.
Way 2: – Disable Antivirus
Sometimes, antivirus utilities interfere with other programs or applications like Microsoft Outlook, which may be due to this Outlook error 0x8004010F.
To disable it, follow the process: –
- First, right-click the taskbar and select the Task Manager option from the list. In Task Manager, now choose the Antivirus program and click the option for disabling.
- Then, restart your PC and check if you can send the emails through your Outlook application.
Way 3: – Turn off Windows Defender Firewall
You need to ensure that Windows Defender Firewall does not block Outlook. So, you should turn off Windows Defender Firewall.
- Open Control Panel.
- Choose Small icons from the View by column. Now select Windows Defender Firewall to open it.
- Press on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left side.
- Click both Turns off Windows Defender Firewall under private and public network settings to disable Windows Defender Firewall.
- Then click OK to exit.
Then you can check if Outlook error 0x8004010F still exists.
Way 4: – Create a new Outlook profile
- Open Control Panel, then select Mail.
- Click on Show Profiles.
- Open Show Profiles and click the Add button to create a new profile.
- Now mention the name for the new profile and click OK and proceed.
- Now, again open Mail from Control Panel.
- Click Show Profiles.
- Then in the Mail window, select the newly created profile, and click Properties.
- In the Mail Setup window, click on Email Accounts.
- Go to Data Files under the Account Settings window. Now, select the PST file for the new Outlook profile and click Set as Default. Then click on close.
- Now the new Outlook data file is set as default, and it will work without any issues.
Some common errors faced by Outlook are PST file corruption, Outlook profile corruption, etc. Among them, the most common is Outlook error 0x8004010F. In this article, we are trying our best to solve the error 0x8004010F through different manual methods. If none of the processes work for you, then the issue may be with the Outlook data file (OST or PST). Our suggestion is to try Recoveryfix for OST to PST Converter. Now the converted file is ready to be imported into Outlook to access data. This OST to PST converter is compatible with all the versions of Windows and Outlook and it even recovers deleted OST data.
Read Related Blog
- 4 Methods to resolve ‘Cannot open your default email folders’ error in Outlook
- 7 Best OST to PST Converter Tool for Outlook Users
- Fix Oversized OST File Issues in MS Outlook