Black screen is one of the most common issues faced while playing videos. This mostly occurs on YouTube or other media players where the screen turns black, but the audio works fine. Video files often come across corruption issues that cause black screen error.
There are different reasons due to which black screen error takes place. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Software related error or some internal bug in the software.
- There have been some connection issues while downloading the video.
- Some web browsers come with a pre-installed Adobe Flash player. It helps in sinking videos on YouTube, but sometimes this software can also cause the black screen issue.
- Another potential cause is Browse Cache. The files in the Browse Cache can hinder YouTube videos. This results in the screen turning black.
- When the videos being watched are either illegal or unhealthy.
In this blog, we will discuss some comprehensive ways to resolve this issue. We will try different methods, both manual and technical, and see which works the best.
Method 1 Reduce Video Card Hardware Acceleration
- Right-click on the desktop.
- Select Display Settings.
- Under Display Settings, go to Advanced Display Settings.
- Under the Advanced Settings tab, select the Troubleshoot option.
- Select Change Settings and then click on ‘reduce hardware acceleration.’
Method 2 Reinstalling Media Player.
- Select option Programs and Features from Control Panel.
- On the right pane, select the ‘Turn Windows features on or off’ option.
- Under the Windows Features dialogue box, select Media Features and unmark Windows Media Player. If there are other media players such as VLC Media Player, unmark the same as well. Click OK.
- This will uninstall all the media player devices. You can reinstall the media player by marking the option Windows Media Player or VLC.
Method 3 Uninstalling and Installing the Driver
- Launch Device Manager.
- Open the node for the device you tend to install.
- Right-click on the specific device entry.
- From the menu, select Uninstall.
- Click OK on the confirmation window.
- Reinstall the driver. Keep in mind that you have the latest version of the driver.
If the above mentioned manual methods do not work, you will have to reside to third party tools that provide assurance in resolving such issues. One of the most effective software is Recoveryfix Video Repair. Recoveryfix Video Repair is the best solution to fix all the video corruption issues. Not only black screen issue, the tool effectively solves any video blurriness, green screen poor quality pixels, system crash, video playback error code 224003, MP4 errors and much more.
Below are the brief steps describing how Recoveryfix Video Repair tool easily resolves video-related issues.
Method 4 Resolve Black Screen Issue with Recoveryfix Video Repair
- Install and launch Recoveryfix Video Repair. Select Add File(s).
- Browse and select the corrupted video(s). Click Open.
- The tool may ask for a reference video file to understand the file structure. Click Repair Files.
- Provide the destination where the repaired files will be saved. Click OK.
- The Status will change to Success once the repair is done. Click Close.
The black screen issue is a common error and can be easily fixed by either of the methods mentioned above. But if either of the manual methods does not work, you will have to switch to a third-party tool such as Recoveryfix Video Repair. This handy tool repairs corrupt/damaged videos of every format. It can repair corrupt MKV video files too. It comes with a simple and interactive user interface, making it convenient for non-technical users to use it.
- Video Playback Error Code 224003
- Fix the ‘VLC not playing MKV files’ error
- Ways to fix video error “unable to play video error 5”