MS Outlook 2013 sometimes fail to start with the display of any of these errors:
- Your Outlook data file cannot be configured. <path of .ost file>
- Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened.
Let us know a little about the error and the methods to remove this error.
The reason for Outlook cannot be configured error
this issue occurs due to the following type of registry configuration on the computer:
Value data: 1
Manual method to resolve ‘Your Outlook data file cannot be configured.’
This manual method involves modifying registry value. As incorrect registry modifications can cause issues, it is recommended to backup the registry before starting.
- Exit Outlook.
- Open the Registry Editor box by selecting Windows + R on the keyboard. Type exe and then press OK.
- Once the Registry Editor box opens, locate:
- Once located, right-click on the value “UseLegacyCacheSize,” select Delete.
- Click on Yesand exit the registry editor.
This will solve the ‘Your Outlook Data File (OST) Cannot Be Configured’issue in MS Outlook 2013.
Mailbox inaccessibility due to Exchange issues
Sometimes user mailboxes can be inaccessible due to Exchange issues like crashes, mailbox deletion, etc. In such situations, users can convert their OST files to PST files so as to access the mailboxes instantly. For this, they need to rely on a third-party OST to PST Converter.
Recoveryfix for OST to PST is one such expert tool that works well with accessible as well as inaccessible OST files for converting them to PST file format.
Read Related Blog
- Guide to Change OST File Location Outlook 365
- How to Open Outlook OST Files Without Exchange Server?
- How to Fix the Outlook OST File Error Code 0000000E?