The email delivery system at organization’s level is restricted to MS Outlook and Outlook Express. Although there are number of platforms that provide the same service but at the same time they are not preferred at large scale. It is known that the email exchange between client and user comprises duplicate copy of every mail. Thus, it acts as a backup copy of sent mail containing every detail.
During the failure of network connection when user tries to send the mail, the mailbox registers the action as ‘sent’ while keeping the copy intact. Whenever server connection is established the email exchange is done keeping a copy of mail on exchange Server. This processed called OST file synchronization. Once OST file synchronization is established it is time to secure the exchange server.
How secure is OST file in Exchange Server?
In Exchange Server the chances of corruption are at par with corruption in user system. Exchange Servers are sensitive towards corruption like:
- Malware Attack.
- Sudden server shutdown.
- Power Failure.
- Incomplete OST file upload.
- Broken OST files.
Any of the mentioned reasons may manifest for corrupting Exchange Server data i.e. OST files. Once the OST files are affected with such corruption, user must remain alert to recover the file. The repair must be done swiftly as probability to recover damaged OST files is low when third-party tool is implemented.
Securing OST files
To secure the damaged OST files it is important to have a knowledge about the platform that can provide such facility. Manual migration from OST to PST is possible up to some extent; however, as far as repair of OST files and their migration to EML format is concerned user must take assistance from a reliable third-party tool. The third-party tools are equipped with powerful and sophisticated algorithm that safely repairs the damaged OST files and converts them to other format according to available file format.
How about Outlook Express?
Although with an entry of MS Outlook as an email exchange platform, the popularity Outlook Express went down. But still Outlook Express is used by most professionals. The preferable file format used by this platform is EML If you are one of those who are using Outlook Express and in urgent need of tool that can convert the OST file to EML, then you are not too far from your desired tool. There are several advantages of using Outlook Express. Some of them are as follows:
- Offline Availability of Emails: While using Outlook Express the greatest advantage is that you can download all the messages in a single time and you can access them anytime and anywhere. This is because when you connect open Outlook Express, the platform immediately downloads the emails and saves them in the system, which can be accessed anytime.
- Facility to Access Multiple Accounts in Single Instance: If you have numerous email accounts, then each time you have to aces them in different windows. With Outlook Express you can access all emails in a single window.
- Save a Copy of Every Email in your system: It is the most important property of the Outlook Express. Saved copy of every mails in your system acts as a safe vault for user in case of severe system corruption.
- Access to Messages in Servers even if they are downloaded: Most users think that once Outlook Express has downloaded the mails, then the emails will be deleted from the server. However, this is not the fact. The server retains the emails which can be accessed again at anytime from anywhere.
Strategy to Migrate from OST to EML
To migrate the OST files from Exchange Server to Outlook Express you need a powerful tool which is capable enough to repair damaged OST files and convert them to EML file format. Recoveryfix for OST to PST is one such tool, which has been designed for such purpose. Recoveryfix for OST to PST scans for damaged and corrupt OST files, repairs them and converts them to other file formats like PST, MSG, EML and DBX. Prior saving them to other file formats the tool provides ‘Preview’ option that in which all the recovered data can be previewed.
Features of Recoveryfix for OST to PST
Recoveryfix for OST to PST has some utmost outstanding features that make this tool as a perfect choice. Some of the features are listed below:
- Scans for damaged OST files.
- Recovers damaged OST files using Standard Mode and Advanced Mode (as per usage).
- Recovers all emails, attachments, contacts, calendar items, notes, tasks, journals, appointments, etc.
- Provides multiple saving options like PST (MS Outlook), MSG (MS Outlook), DBX (Outlook Express) and EML (Outlook Express).
- Facilitates ‘Preview’ of recovered items prior saving.
- Maintains Data integrity and Meta properties.
These features play pivotal role in repairing damaged OST files and providing a safe passage to other file formats. They not only reduces the time in migration, but also makes data more secure than prior condition in which data was existing.
System Requirements and Supported Versions
Recoveryfix for OST to PST works best on the system that contains following:
- Pentium Class Processor.
- Minimum 64MB RAM (128MB recommended).
- Disk Space – 10MB free space for software installation.
Recoveryfix for OST to PST supports wide range of concerned softwares. The versions and software are as follows:
- MS Exchange Server 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, 5.5, and 5.0
- MS Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, 98, and 97.
- Outlook Express 5.0 and above.
- Windows OS: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, 98 and 95.
Read Related Blog
- MS Outlook Rules Not Working? Try These Fixes
- Simple Fixes to Try When Outlook Emails Get Stuck in Outbox
- Backup and Restore Emails using Outlook 2013, 2016 and 2019