Summary: – Exchange Server allows users to manage their emails. But in case of any issues with the Exchange server account, you may need to create a new Outlook profile or configure the Exchange account again. This article explains the simple ways to find the address of the Exchange server. It also offers a solution to resolve common Exchange connectivity issues.
Microsoft Exchange Server is an email server developed by Microsoft; users can access mailboxes through Outlook to work on emails, calendar, and tasks. It is a server program you must install and configure on the server. If you are using the Exchange Server for your emails, then there is no need to have the address of the Exchange Server as everything is arranged by Exchange administrators. But due to some circumstances, such as bad Exchange Server performance, you need to create a new Outlook profile or configure an Exchange Server account again. Sometimes users want to locate the Microsoft Exchange server address but don’t know how to find the Exchange server address.
How to find the Exchange server address?
Step by step process to find the Exchange server address is as follows: –
- Using Microsoft Outlook
If you’re using Outlook on Windows, you can find your Exchange server address in the following way.
When Outlook is connected with Exchange Server, it shows its status as ‘CONNECTED TO: MICROSOFT EXCHANGE.’
- Open Outlook.
- Then select File.
- In the Info category, click on Account Settings, and again click on Account Settings.
- Click on the Exchange account whose server address you need to check.
- Under the Server Settings, you can see the full Exchange Server address displayed.
- Using Outlook for Mac
Outlook for Mac users can follow these steps to find the server address:
- Click on Outlook and then on Preferences.
- Select the Accounts column.
- Click on the Advanced button in the details of your account.
- In the Microsoft Exchange section, under the Server tab, you will find the server name and address in the Server field.
When an organization selects the Exchange Server to manage your emails, it uses Exchange ActiveSync. Exchange ActiveSync has MAPI/HTTP methods to access emails from any device like a smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Also, ActiveSync allows you to access your emails even in the absence of the server.
How can Outlook users troubleshoot Exchange connectivity issues?
While facing Exchange connectivity issues, any user can perform some secure troubleshooting methods without depending on Exchange Administrator.
- Restart your Outlook
It’s easy to resolve the connection issue. If your Outlook is not working, you can restart the computer. When the network connectivity is slow, the connection between Outlook and Exchange Server won’t get established. So, restarting Outlook may fix the connection issue. If this method does not work, move to the other troubleshooting method.
- Repair Outlook installation
To remove the connection problems, you can run an installation repair from Control Panel.
The steps are here –
- First, you must close the Outlook application and open Control Panel.
- Now opt the Programs and Features option from the list.
- Choose Microsoft Office and click on the Change option.
- Now click on Repair and then select Continue.
- Then restart the computer after the completion of the repair process.
- Now, run Outlook and check its connection status.
- Create the OST file again
The OST file is on the local computer, so there is a high chance that it may get corrupted due to antivirus or hardware problems. Sometimes Outlook connection to Exchange Server fails due to a corrupt OST file. So, you can create the OST file again, which may resolve Outlook’s connection failure issue.
The steps are-
- Open Control Panel.
- Select the Mail option.
- Now click on Email Accounts.
- Select your account and click on the option to locate the OST file. It will redirect to the site of the respective OST file.
- Then select the OST file, right-click on it and then select the Delete option.
Now start Outlook again. After recreating the OST file, Outlook allows you to connect with Exchange Server.
This blog describes the methods for finding the Exchange server address. Sometimes, there can be problems in Outlook connection with the Exchange server are due to corruption of the data files. If manual methods do not work in this case, go for Recoveryfix for OST to PST Converter. It can convert even large OST to PST without any loss in quality. Compatible with all versions of windows.
Read Related Blog
- 7 Best OST to PST Converter Tool for Outlook Users
- Fix Oversized OST File Issues in MS Outlook
- How to solve Error ‘The OST File has Reached the Maximum Size.’