Sometimes Outlook users face an error ‘The operation failed. An object not found.’ This usually occurs at the time of sending/receiving emails. But due to this error, this update gets disturbed, and you may not be able to access the data. If you face the same problem, do not worry; you are reading the right article.
This may occur in almost all versions of Outlook, like 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007, especially when a user configures MS Outlook with the Exchange Server profile.
Reasons for the ‘Operation Failed’ error in Outlook
Behind every error, there are many reasons. So, let’s discuss the reasons behind the ‘An object could not be found’ error in Outlook.
- Corruption of Outlook data file
- Misconfiguration of Outlook profile
Ways to solve the error ‘the operation failed. An object could not be found.’
First Way – Check the Compatibility Mode
The compatibility mode permits an application to run successfully on an older operating system (OS) version. If your MS Outlook is in compatibility mode, you can turn off the feature and check if it resolves the issue.
Follow these steps to turn it off:
- In the “Start” menu, type “outlook.exe” in the search box.
- Click the Open file location option.
- Right-click on the Outlook.exe and choose Properties from the list available.
- Then, select the Compatibility tab and clear the checkbox for the compatibility mode.
- Finally, restart your Microsoft Outlook application and check whether the error gets solved.
Second Way – Repair Microsoft Office
Sometimes the error may be fixed after repairing Microsoft Office.
- Open the Run utility and type appwiz.cpl, and click on OK
- Choose Microsoft Office from the list and then click on the Change option.
- Now opt for Quick Repair and click the Repair button.
- Now repair process will start
- After the completion, restart your Microsoft Outlook application.
Third Way – Disable Antivirus
When you send or receive emails, the antivirus will scan them. Due to this, sending and receiving emails will become slow; sometimes, errors will also occur. So disable it. And after disabling it, you can send the emails again. You can also uninstall the antivirus application and reinstall it. While reinstalling the antivirus application, unselect the email scanning option.
You can try to disable the antivirus add-ins by following the below process:-
- Open the Microsoft Outlook application and go to File> Options > Add-Ins.
- Then select the >COM Add-ins option from the dropdown list and click on the column Go.
- Now In the COM Add-ins window, tick on the antivirus checkbox to remove the add-ins. After that, once you have selected the add-ins, click on the Remove column.
- Now restart your MS Outlook.
Fourth way – Create a new profile
Maybe the old Outlook profile is corrupt or damaged, so try to solve this error by creating a new profile.
- First, you need to close Microsoft Outlook.
- Then open Control Panel and select the >Mail option from the list.
- In the Mail, click on Show Profiles.
- Next click on Add.
- Mention a name for this new Outlook profile and click on OK.
- After that, add the required details and then click on Next.
- Then it will connect with the server account. Please wait until it gets completed.
- The connection is completed and displayed. Click Finish to complete.
Fifth way – Repair the PST file
Corruption of PST is the most common reason for this Outlook error. So, users need to repair the Outlook file using ScanPST.exe. It is available at C:/ Program Files/ Microsoft/ Office
- Locate the ScanPST.exe application and run it.
- Browse for the PST file and then click on the Start option.
- Once the scanning is done, it will display the errors. Click Repair.
- After the repair process, you can try restarting Outlook to check for the issue.
This application may fail due to a high-level of PST corruption, large PST file size, etc. So, you can try Recoveryfix for Outlook PST Repair to fix the PST corruption issues. It is a simple tool with many features and options for effortless PST recovery.
We have gone through the reasons and the ways to solve this Outlook error – ‘The operation Failed. An object Could not be Found.’ If the above methods don’t work, we suggest you use Recoveryfix for Outlook PST Repair. We are sure that this way will surely help you. It is the best way to repair PST files; you can even repair oversized PST files as there is no size limitation. And it is compatible with all Outlook versions.
Read Related Blog
- Steps to Fix Outlook error “The Set of Folders Cannot be Open”
- Fix Microsoft Outlook Not Sending Emails on Windows 11
- Fix Outlook Spell & Grammar Check is Not Working Issue