As we all know MS Excel is a popular MS Office application used worldwide for storing user data in the form of spreadsheets. It is commonly used for storing, organizing and managing data in an effective manner. The application has become an essential part in all businesses, organizations, education sectors and for home purposes. An MS Excel sheet may contain different types of data such as text, tables, date formats, hyperlinks, formulas, numeric values, objects, graphs, OLE objects, macros, images, charts, clip art, flow charts, and so on.
While working with MS Excel .XLS, .XLA or .XLSX files, the files may get corrupt due to a number of reasons such as round tripping, virus attacks, availability of bad sectors on storage media, damaged file header structure, abrupt MS Excel closing due to power sabotage, crash of MS Office, sudden system shutdown while MS Excel is in use, incomplete download, etc. or accidentally deleted by pressing Shift + Delete key or file deleted from Recycle Bin.
Some of the error messages that a user may face while accessing damaged or corrupt MS Excel files are:
- “Cannot access read-only document ???.xls, access denied”
- “???.xls file format is not valid, file cannot be accessed”
- “Unable to read file”
- “The document is corrupt and cannot be opened”
- “Excel cannot open the file abc.xlsx because the file format or file extension is not valid”
Use eminent Third-party tool and be assured of complete and accurate data recovery!
Recoveryfix for Excel is an efficient and professional third-party Excel file recovery software that recovers corrupted, damaged or accidentally deleted Excel files with complete accuracy. The software even recovers permanently-deleted and password-protected MS Excel files. After performing accurate repair Excel file, the software displays the recovered document that can be saved at user-defined location. While performing Excel file recovery, the software preserves the original document formatting, structure and properties. The utility supports Windows 95, 98, 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 7 and 8 platforms.
- Quick Restoration of PST files even after failure of Inbox Repair tool
- How to repair an Excel file throwing an inaccessibility error message: “Data may have been lost”?
- NTFS file recovery where CHECKDISK fails