Data recovery from a corrupt PST file becomes difficult when you do not have the appropriate tools. While looking for ways to fix your damaged PST file, you can either opt for free PST repair tools or choose an automated tool. Use of an automated tool to recover data is the most recommended method as it saves a lot of time and valuable effort at the user-end.
Before we discuss methods to retrieve data from a corrupted PST file, let’s us have a look at some of the causes that lead to the corruption of a PST file.
- PST corruption due to hardware failure
- Network issues
- Sudden power failure
- PST corruption due to software failure
- Size of the PST file
Damaged hardware components may lead to corruption of PST files. In most cases, damaged hardware components interrupt the workflow of software applications, including Outlook, causing loss of functionalities and corruption of important files.
While accessing a PST file on a network, there are possibilities of interruption due to network cables, routers, interface cards and hubs. If any of these components are not working properly, it may cause hindrance while loading the PST file.
While working on PC, there are chances of power failure or a sudden shut down due to loss of power supply. A sudden shut down may cause damage to your PST files.
Software failure can be due to three reasons, namely virus intrusion, inappropriate configuration or settings, and sudden closure of Outlook program. Virus intrusions can be caused by faulty emails or corrupted applications. They not only affect an individual application like Outlook but also degrades the entire working of your system. Therefore, always take security measures while accessing a suspicious email or a program in your computer system.
Another cause of PST corruption is an oversized PST file. Large PST files are extremely vulnerable to corruption, especially those created with older versions of Outlook.
A free method for PST recovery
In order to repair corrupt PST file, you can opt for some free PST repair tools. The primary way is the use of Scanpst.exe (Inbox Repair Tool).
Here is how you can use ScanPST.exe to repair a damaged PST file:
- Look for the Scanpst.exe tool in its location.
- Open the tool to repair your corrupt PST files. Browse and select the corrupt PST file. Click Start.
- If you find any errors in the PST file, click Repair.
In case, this free method is unable to provide you with the desired results, look for third-party automated tools to retrieve damaged or corrupted PST files.
Recover 30 items free from Outlook PST folders
Recoveryfix for PST Repair tool is one of the most proficient tools to repair corrupted PST files. Incorporated with robust algorithms and functionalities; this tool gives fast results for your data recovery tasks. You can also download the free-trail version and 30 items free from each PST folder. Here is the working of the tool.
- Launch the tool, browse and select the corrupt PST file, select the recovery mode, and click on the Next button.
- The tool will automatically fix all the errors in your corrupt PST file, and display its content for preview. Select the required folders and click Next.
- Select the required saving options and click OK.
- Finally, you will get a confirmation message, along with the link to the saving file location.
While using the Inbox Repair tool for repairing PST files, sometimes the file is not repaired in the first shot, and you might have to repeat the process several times. Therefore, Recoveryfix for Outlook PST Repair is the best method to recover mailbox items from a corrupt PST file.
Read Related Blog
- Backup and Restore Emails using Outlook 2013, 2016 and 2019
- How to Fix Top 5 Outlook Send & Receive Errors?
- Fix “Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook Invalid XML” Error