We are the most content-consuming generation, and with the Covid-19 pandemic, the consumption of content has increased at a massive rate. The most popular and widely used content is video files. Without a doubt, we all need smooth-functioning video players.
These days all the desktops and laptops come with pre-installed media players. But that might not support all types of video file formats. In that situation, there arises a need to install a video player which is well suited to all video file formats. It is a tough choice to choose from a vast range of video players available in the market as each has unique features.
In this article, we will dig deeper into the best video players available for Windows operating system. Here are the 5 best and free Video players for your Windows system (not in order) –
- VLC Media Player
- GOM Player
- KM Player
- Media Player Classic
5 best and free video players for Windows system
VLC MEDIA PLAYER
VLC media player is a free and an open sourced media player which was developed by Video LAN project. It is one of the most widely used media players as it is free and supports various platforms like Windows, Android, and iOS.
- It has the ability to play all types of audio and video files
- This player is supported by all operating systems.
- It has the ability to play almost all video codecs and does not need any additional codecs.
- Helpful in creating audio and video effects and editing videos.
- Can change the format of video files and even fix minor errors.
- VLC also has a unique feature to change the format of video files and even fix minor existing errors including repair corrupt video files.
- It is capable of playing most types of audio and video files.
- Pot Player offers a highly customizable interface which is quite suitable for advanced users.
- PotPlayer is available for Windows operating system only.
- It offers an immersive viewing experience with 3D.
- The player supports a wide range of subtitle formats.
GOM Player is a media player which was developed for Microsoft Windows operating system by GOM & company. It is a widely used multimedia player in South Korea.
- This player is supported by Microsoft Windows, Android, and iOS.
- It has a special feature to view 360-degree videos.
- It has a basic embedded codec which makes it user-friendly, especially for beginners.
- It has a large base of subtitles.
- There is a premium version called GOM player Plus, which has even a wider range of additional feature
K Multimedia player, also known as KM Player, was developed by Pandora TV, and it plays most video formats.
- KM Player is supported by operating systems like Windows, iOS and Android.
- This media player focuses on regular improvements.
- It has a simple and vibrant interface making it user friendly.
- It allows the users to organize their video file by creating separate groups for all the files
- KM player has the ability to play multiple videos at a time.
- It also supports watching videos in 3D content.
MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC
Media Player Classic is a free and open-source video player designed for Microsoft windows.
- MPC also supports recordings and playback of television.
- The player has the ability to play VCD, DVD and SVCD without any added codecs.
- It is launched as a compact and lightweight video player
- MPC has improved versions like Media Player Classic Home Cinemas and Media Player Classic Black Edition.
Comparison between all Video Players
|VLC Media Player||PotPlayer||GOM Player||K Multimedia Player||Media Player Classic|
|Developed by||Video LAN||Kakao||GOM & Company||Pandora TV||Gabest|
|Compatibility||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Solaris, etc.||Windows||Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android||Windows, iOS, and Android||Windows|
Comes with a premium version.
Comes with a premium version.
|360-degree video view||No||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Bookmark video clip||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fix damaged video||
Limited to minor errors
Fix damaged Video files
Among the video players listed above, only VLC Media Player offers to fix damaged video files, which is also limited to minor errors. But video player users quite often face video file corruption issues. So, in the case of an important video file that is severely damaged, opting for a professional tool is the best possible solution. The Recoveryfix Video Repair tool ticks all the boxes due to its premium features-
- It has the ability to repair any corrupted, damaged, broken, or even inaccessible video files.
- It can repair any video file format, including MP4, MOV, MPEG, AVI, 3GP, and many more.
- It can repair multiple files at a time.
- The tool comes with a simple interface that makes it easier for all kinds of users.
- The level of quality of the videos is maintained throughout, just like the original file.
- The Recoveryfix Video Repair tool is compatible with all Windows operating system versions.
Choosing the right video player for your Windows system is not an easy task. There are multiple video playing platforms available, and they all offer a wide variety of features.
An ideal choice of a Video Player for Windows will be based upon its compatibility with your system and ease of use. However, video players don’t fix errors of a damaged video file. But one can do it easily with the Recoveryfix Video Repair tool.
- 8 Methods to fix “This video is not available” error on YouTube
- Top 10 Common Video File Formats For 2023
- Resolved: ‘Windows Media Player error server execution failed’ error