Outlook is an email client application used for email management in various protocols, including POP, IMAP, and Microsoft Exchange Server. It provides facilities like calendars and creates tasks and other items.
Though Outlook is improving daily with advanced features, it has some demerits, like emails getting deleted automatically. Autodeletion of emails is a common problem, and this situation is very problematic when those emails are essential. Here, we will discuss the reasons and provide solutions to get out of this problem.
Reasons behind the deletion of Outlook emails
- Improper rules in Outlook
- Incorrectly using the Ignore feature in Outlook
- Moving conversation to some other folder
- Outlook is auto-deleting emails in a specific folder
- Outlook syncs on more than one device
How to Stop Outlook from auto-deleting Emails?
Now let us discuss how we can stop the auto-deletion of emails in Outlook:
Check your Outlook rules
To check your Outlook rules, follow the steps given below: –
Check your Outlook rules to see if your program has moved emails to the Deleted Items folder or ignored conversations. Follow the process given below
- Open the Outlook program and right-click on any message that exists in Inbox.
- Then select Rules from the drop-down list and press on Create Rule.
- Then uncheck the Move the item to a folder option.
- Click Advanced Options and check Run this new rule on messages already in the current folder.
Stop Outlook from ignorning emails
To prevent Outlook from ignoring emails, follow the process: –
- Open the Deleted Items folder.
- Then right-click on a message and open Ignore option from the drop-down list.
- Finally, select stop Ignore conversation after opening Ignore column.
You can do the above processes for multiple emails and chats.
Stop Outlook from emptying the Deleted Items Folder
The steps are as follows: –
- Open MS Outlook.
- Click on the File option.
- In the Advanced tab, click on the “Empty Deleted Items folder when exiting Outlook” option.
- Click on OK to save the changes.
Stop Outlook from auto-archiving emails in a folder
If items are archived automatically from a specific Outlook folder regularly, those items will not be available in the folder. In this condition, please go ahead with the below steps:
- Right-click the specified Outlook folder and click Properties from the right-click menu.
- In the Properties window, go to the AutoArchive tab, and check the Do not archive items in this folder option.
- Finally, click on OK to save.
Sometimes Outlook automatically deletes emails due to various reasons. The above-discussed solutions might help you fix the auto-deletion of Outlook emails. If you are unable to find out your data, then maybe your data is deleted. For this, we suggest you go for a professional recovery using Recoveryfix for Outlook PST Repair. It is the best way to recover permanently deleted PST Emails and save repaired PST emails to a new PST. And there is no PST size limitation to this tool.
- Split Large Outlook PST File into Multiple Smaller Files
- Methods to Fix Outlook Not Syncing Error in Windows 10
- Resolve MS Outlook Keeps Asking for Password Issue