Emails are essential for individuals, organizations, businesses, and many others. Sometimes users open their Outlook to check some emails, and they suddenly see that some emails have disappeared from their Inbox folders.
Somebody should find a solution to this problem on a priority basis; otherwise, it can disturb your whole flow of work and cause a loss of productivity.
Most of the users suffer from this kind of issue. Do not be tense; we will help you overcome this situation and explain the practical process of recovering all the disappeared emails from your Outlook mailbox.
Why do Inbox emails disappear from Outlook?
The disappearance of Inbox emails can be due to various reasons:
- Hacked accounts
- Unintentional email deletion
- Incorrect rules
- Improper email settings
- Credential changes
- Corruption in the Outlook profile
- Incorrect Outlook settings
- Wrong filter settings
- Damaged/corrupted Outlook data file (.pst)
We will discuss some simple procedures through which you recover the disappeared emails from Outlook:
Before trying any method, first, check the other folders. Your email might be there. Those emails you are looking for could be in Spam. So, check the Spam, Trash, archive, or any other custom folder.
Due to Incorrect rules, incoming emails may move from the Inbox to another folder, affecting how Outlook stores and displays the emails. So, check the Outlook rules as follows:
- Open Outlook and click on Rules.
- Then select Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Check if all the rules are marked correctly.
- Now click on a rule to open details and change various conditions to update.
- You may update a rule if found incorrect. It may help to resolve the issue of missing emails.
Sometimes you cannot find a few emails in your Inbox, which may be due to the accidental deletion of those emails. These deleted emails do not get permanently removed. Instead, these emails get saved in the deleted item folder; to recover these emails, go to the deleted item folder and recover emails from there.
Some incorrect Outlook filter settings could hide some emails. It can also be due to some view options that can automatically hide emails.
- Open Outlook, then go to View.
- Open the Advanced View Settings window.
- Now several options are showing; click on the Filter option.
- Then go to More choices and make sure that these options are disabled. If any filter is enabled, uncheck it and save the changes.
Replacing corrupt profiles can quickly resolve the issues in Outlook and help you get back your emails. Steps as follows: –
- Go to Start and select the Control Panel.
- Then click on the Mail option.
- Now click on Show Profiles and then select Add.
- Now, select Always use this profile.
- Then enter the name to the new profile and then choose ok.
- Add details like your name, email address, password, and other details.
- Click Next and then Apply.
- Now Outlook will create a new PST file and start synchronizing the emails from the mailbox server.
When the synchronization process is complete, check your Inbox folder. If disappeared emails are visible now, you may remove your old profile.
And if still emails are missing, don’t remove your old profile, as it will also delete the PST file that may contain the emails. In this situation, you can repair your PST file through Inbox Repair Tool
You can search for the disappeared emails with the Advanced Find feature of Outlook.
- Open the Outlook.
- In the search bar column, type Search tools.
- It will show you Search tools. Then click on the Advanced Find.
- Now you need to enter the details of the emails. Then click the Find Now button.
Outlook will search and find the emails in a few minutes.
We hope this article will help you to fix the Outlook Inbox email disappearance issue and retrieve missing emails in Outlook. If the above solutions don’t work, use a professional tool to retrieve these emails. You can repair corrupt PST files and emails to a new PST, MSG, EML, and DBX using Recoveryfix for Outlook PST Repair. Through this, you can recover permanently deleted emails.
Read Related Blog
- Fix Outlook Spell & Grammar Check is Not Working Issue
- Easy Ways to Fix Outlook 365 Issues on Windows 10
- The operation Failed. An object could not be found – Fixed