MBOX file format is used by several email clients like Eudora, Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, The Bat, Gnu, etc. There are times when you want to migrate these MBOX files to Office 365 for better access and facilities which come with Office 365.
Manual Method to Transfer MBOX TO Office 365
There are manual ways with the help of which you can transfer your MBOX files to Office 365, but the process may take time due to the several steps and long method. The manual method we are going to discuss here involves two procedure, in one procedure you need to convert your MBOX file to PST first and then you need to transfer your files to Office 365. Let’s see how:
Convert your MBOX file to PST
- Open your email client, let’s say Thunderbird and select the desired files.
- Now select all the emails you want to transfer.
- After selecting emails, you will see that there is a blue message, right click on it and select Save as from the menu.
- Provide the destination to the folder and save it.
- Now, Open Outlook and you need to the right click on the folder where you want to move the saved data.
- Click on the option ‘Create New Folder,’ and name it.
- Now drag the saved folder from Thunderbird and drop it in the recently created folder in Outlook.
- Finally, save the folder in PST format.
Migrate your file to Office 265
- Firstly, you will need Microsoft Azure AzCopy in your system, so install it and make a copy of the SAS URL.
- Run it and upload PST files (which we have recently created)
- Recheck all the content of PST files.
- Now, click on New Import Job and you will see Ready to import to Office 365, wait until all the processes are 100% done.
Transfer MBOX files to Office 365 with an Expert Tool
We have tried and tested the manual method, now let’s talk about the easy way to transfer your MBOX files to Office 365 with the help of RecoveryFix for MBOX to PST.
RecoveryFix for MBOX to PST is a technically advanced tool which lets you transfer your MBOX files to Office 365 without any hassle. You can transfer single as well as multiple files with no size limit, just have your Office 365 login credentials and leave the rest on the tool. The tool is designed using the advanced technology and hence has a rich GUI and self-descriptive features which makes it a cake walk even for beginners. Let’s test the software:
- Run the software and select your email client.
- Click on Add File(s) and add your MBOX file and click on Open. Click on Finish.
- In the next step, all your files will appear on the screen, now click on the Save button to proceed further.
- In this step, you need to apply filters and set the conversion rule. Select them as per your requirement and click on Next.
- Select the desired destination “Save in Office 365”, enter your login credentials and click on Save.
- The process will take place, wait until its done.
- Click on OK when done.
In this blog, we have discussed the methods with the help of which we can transfer the MBOX files to Office 365. As we can see that both of the ways can lead you to the results, but the manual method comes with some demerits like it is time-consuming, chances of image damages during migration, disorganized recovery and transfer, not for non-tech users and much more. While with the automated method, you only transfer files with total secured data, but it is quick, and even beginners can use it. After testing both the methods, we highly recommend readers to go for the RecoveryFix for MBOX to PST.
- How to Recover Lost and Deleted Public Folders From Exchange?
- Recover and Restore a Mailbox From Exchange Server 2010
- How to Change the Location of Outlook OST file?