Emails stuck in Outbox means the message you wish to send is not being sent and is not being received by the recipient.
Imagine a postman trying to pass through a door opening, and he is stuck. His inability or failure to pass through the door can be presumed for reasons like the door closed before he could pass through, the door is locked and is not opening, the door opens but gets closed before could pass through, his bag of letters and parcels is too big to cross the door opening, he is not able to walk for some reason, the time of opening of the door is already fixed for a later time, and so on.
Similar is the situation for Outlook emails that get stuck in Outbox. Through this blog, let us understand why this happens and how it can be overcome.
Possible Reasons for Emails Getting Stuck in Outbox
There can be various reasons why emails get stuck in Outbox. Some of them are discussed below. The size of the attachment to your email exceeds the size limit allowed.
- Outlook is on the setting, ‘work offline’
- There can be some technical error
- Opening and viewing the very message or email on Outbox, which is in the process of sending
- The password you typed is wrong, or you have changed your email account password
- Absence or non-existence of default email account
- Existence of any software on your system which has access to your Outlook data files
- Antivirus or anti-spam on your system is scanning the outgoing mail.
- Email is shown as already read or viewed.
Ways to Combat the Problem of Emails Getting Stuck in Outbox
We shall be discussing the possible solutions for the issue of emails getting stuck in Outbox.
- Ensure that the internet connectivity is good. Slow or poor connectivity may hinder sending emails, especially emails having large attachments.
- Ensure that the Outlook is on setting ‘Connected.’
Go to the Status bar, which is at the bottom of the Outlook message. Check if it is showing ‘Disconnected’ or ‘Trying to connect.’ This implies that the local server is down.
- If you receive an error message while operating the task ‘Send/Receive email,’ then,
- Check the email setting and see whether you have set the mode to ‘send later’ or delayed sending. Such delayed sending setting will result in the showing of Outlook emails stuck in Outbox. Either remove this setting or wait till the time of sending. You can also try to resend the emails.
- When the password of your email account and Outlook account do not match, then, Outlook emails are stuck in Outbox. Thus, if you change the password for your email account, you must change your Outlook account password as well. You need to check the password of your Outlook data file also.
- When nothing proves to be helpful, you certainly need an efficient third-party tool to make things happen for you. After exploring a lot, we recommend ‘Recoveryfix for Outlook PST Repair,’ a tool empowered with strong algorithms. It can repair corrupt PST files expeditiously and recover all the mailbox items to PST, MSG, EML, and DBX formats.
Ensure your email server is online. When your email server is offline, Outlook emails would be shown as stuck in Outbox. The status of the server can be checked from the lower side of the Outlook window. The Internet connection can also be checked through the browser; if the latter is ‘on,’ then your email server is certainly down.
I. Check if the port number for the outgoing mail server is blocked by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). For this update, the settings of your email server. Change in port numbers and/or methods of authentication according to your mail server provider.
II. Check that your email sending limit (hourly/daily) has not exceeded the limit set by your email server provider. In such a case, you can wait and send emails later.
Follow the under given process to do this:
I. Open Outlook. Click on File > Account setting>Account settings.
III. Enter a new password. Click Next; click Finish.
The process to be followed to change the password for the Outlook data file:
I. Open Outlook. Right-click your email account.
II. Click Data file properties. Click Advanced.
III. Click Change password.
IV. Enter your Old password. Enter your New password and confirm your New password. Click Ok.
Recoveryfix for PST Repair proves helpful in repairing and recovering mailbox data and splitting huge PST files into small PST files of the desired size so that the size of the attachment of an email does not hinder its movement. Recoveryfix for Outlook PST Repair can be termed as the verbatim of First Aid Tool to deal with PST Corruption issue and proves indispensible tool to fix the issue of PST corruption. This also works to combat other problems like how to resolve Outlook 2016 Search Greyed Out Error.
In the above blog, we tried to discuss the reasons and possible solutions to the problem of Outlook emails getting stuck in Outbox. We also have recommended a tool to fix the same problem when nothing proves to be helpful. Recoveryfix for Outlook PST Repair works without compromising the quality, safety, format, and security of the data.
- Backup and Restore Emails using Outlook 2013, 2016 and 2019
- How to Fix Top 5 Outlook Send & Receive Errors?
- Fix “Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook Invalid XML” Error