Outlook is a popular email client, and sometimes users face different issues with Outlook, like Outlook not sending emails on Windows 10/11 or when emails getting stuck in Outbox and many other issues. In the present blog, we will help you fix the issue of ‘Outlook not sending emails on Windows 10/11’ with different methods. Before that, we will state the probable reasons for the issue.
There can be various reasons for this issue which can be listed below:
- Disconnected Outlook.
- Improper/ no internet connection
- Bulky messages/attachments.
- Wrong password.
- Antivirus programs prevent emails.
- Corrupt Outlook profile.
- Corrupt Outlook program.
If you see messages like “Disconnected,” “Working Offline,” or “Trying to connect…Outlook can’t reach the email server to send your mail,” then your Outlook is not connected to an email server. So, try to bring Outlook to Online mode. To do so in Outlook, follow the steps given below:
- Go to Send/Receive>>Preferences>>Work Offline
- Turn Work Offline to Work Online.
- Open the message and resend it or choose to send/receive.
- Check if the issue is fixed.
If your internet connection is lost or not working properly, Outlook will not send your messages. Try to connect to the internet.
Some email providers do not allow messages exceeding their prescribed size (default maximum size 20MB). Further, adding images, videos, and large attachments also adds to the size of messages. To check this aspect of messages, go to Outlook and open an email message stuck in Outbox. If you find that this message has an attachment with a size larger than 20MB, then it will not be sent. Try to reduce the size of the attachment.
Try to recall if you have changed the password of your Outlook profile; if you have changed, then try to use your new password and if you have and if you have forgotten it, then try to change your password.
- Go to File>Account Settings>>Account Settings.
- Select your email account on the email tab, and select change.
- Enter a new password.
- Select Next>>Close>>Finish.
Maybe your antivirus software is preventing you from sending or receiving emails while scanning emails. If an antivirus program has found a virus, then it needs to be removed first so that Outlook can start sending/receiving emails.
Sometimes you may need to repair Outlook Program. This is an easy but time-consuming process. To repair the Outlook program, follow the steps given below:
- Got to Start>>Apps and Features.
- Select the Microsoft Office product you need to repair.
- Select Modify.
- If your copy of Microsoft Office is Click-to-run, then follow How would you like to repair your Office Programs>>Online Repair>>Repair.
- If your copy of Microsoft Office is MSI-Based, then follow Change your Installation>>Repair>>Continue.
- Complete the process of repair by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
Issues in your Outlook profile will curtail you from connecting to your email through Outlook. So to overcome this issue, try to repair your Outlook profile.
- In Outlook, go to File>>Account Settings>>Account Settings.
- Choose your account (profile) on the Email tab.
- Choose Repair.
- Follow the instructions to repair.
- Restart Outlook once the repair is done.
Any of the Outlook add-ins may be responsible for the prevention of your email messages from sending. In order to disable all add-ins, try to start Outlook in safe mode. Then try to create a new Outlook email profile which will allow you to resend the email. Follow the steps given below to start Outlook in safe mode:
- Click Windows key+R together to open the Run box.
- Type Outlook.exe /safe
- Press Open or Ok in the Run box.
- Now try to resend mail.
Outlook stores messages in personal folders file (.pst) which gets corrupt due to many reasons like the large size of PST file. This corruption can also be a potential reason for the inability to send messages. Corrupt PST files can be repaired using Inbox Repair Tool, an inbuilt tool in Outlook.
As stated above, corruption of Outlook PST files may lead to the inability to send emails in Outlook. Recoveryfix for Outlook PST Repair Tool is the easiest and fastest way to overcome this issue and many other issues arising from corrupt Outlook PST files. It is a reliable tool that can recover the entire content of your Outlook mailbox, including Inbox, Outbox, Notes, Contacts, Drafts, Journals, deleted items like email/attachments, etc. It can repair even password-protected or archived PST files. You can save them to a platform of your choice like Office 365, Exchange Server, Outlook PST, and Gmail and in any format of your choice like DBX, MBOX, MSG, EML, RTF, HTML, MHTML, etc., while maintaining the original metadata and properties of the email data.
There can be various reasons for the inability to send/receive messages in Outlook, which we have discussed with you; we have also discussed the respective fixes for them. Sometimes you do not have much time to go through every method and try one after the other to fix the issue. Sometimes nothing works, and sometimes things are difficult to understand for the novice or less technical users. In those scenarios, for fixing many other Outlook issues, you can take the help of Recoveryfix for Outlook PST Repair Tool. This tool makes your task easy and speedy.
- Steps to Fix Outlook error “The Set of Folders Cannot be Open”
- Fix Outlook Spell & Grammar Check is Not Working Issue
- Inbox Emails Disappear in Outlook – How to Fix the Issue?