Summary: – Here, we will understand how to add an AOL account to Microsoft Outlook. If you are using AOL and want to configure your AOL email in Outlook, then the below discussion will surely help you.
First, we need to understand AOL. AOL is a web-based email service that provides IMAP access, and Outlook supports sending and receiving emails. AOL stands for America Online and provides email services just like Gmail and Yahoo Mail.
As AOL mail has the IMAP email protocol, Outlook supports such email accounts.
If someone is already using AOL for a long time and now wants to use more features for their email account, then there is no need to move to a new email client. You can add an AOL account with Outlook and increase the usage of email communication. Adding an AOL mailbox to Outlook is an excellent step to save time. Outlook can manage emails from different email accounts like AOL through a single application.
AOL email users can import AOL mail to Outlook and enjoy the benefits of both products together. AOL mail accounts also work like Gmail, and stores loads of essential emails and other items.
We will explain the best and easiest way to add AOL email to Outlook on your system for smooth working.
Why do you need to add AOL Email Account in Outlook?
- To avoid AOL downtime and to view your emails offline.
- To take advantage of the benefits and features of MS Outlook.
Set up and access AOL email account in Outlook
The procedure of adding your AOL email in Outlook goes through several steps. You need to perform them correctly to configure your AOL account in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and Outlook 365.
First, you must create an application password for your AOL mail account. Then after that, configure the AOL account in the Outlook application.
Step 1: – Create the App password in AOL
- First, log in to your AOL email account.
- Now click on the Options button at the top-right corner and select Account Info from the drop-down list.
- After that, click on Account Security.
- Scroll down and click on the Generate app password option.
- Now open the drop-down menu and select Outlook Desktop.
- Click on the Generate password button to generate the password for the third-party app.
- Now copy and save the app password somewhere else so that you can use that later, then click on Done.
Step 2: – Add AOL Email to the Microsoft Outlook application
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your system.
- Then click on the File button on the top-left side.
- Then, click on Add Account.
- Now enter your AOL email address and then click on Advanced Options.
- Then tick on Let me set up my account manually and click on the Connect option.
- Now select POP from the options.
- In this window of Outlook, you must key in critical information like Incoming & Outgoing Server & Ports.
For POP configuration, you need to update the information given below:
Details of Incoming Mail
- Server: pop.aol.com
- Port is 995
- Encryption Method – Checkmark, this server requires an encrypted connection (SSL/TLS)
Details of Outgoing mail
- Server – smtp.aol.com
- Port is 465
- Encryption Method – SSL / TLS
Important Note: – If you have an existing data file, browse for it under the Message Delivery section.
- Once you complete the above process, click on the Next button.
- Enter the password of your AOL email account and click on Connect.
- Finally, click Ok when the AOL email account setup in Outlook 2016 is complete.
- In Outlook, all the accounts are visible on the left lane.
What can you do if AOL emails are not accessible due to PST file corruption?
When you add the AOL account with Outlook, the mailbox data will be saved in a PST file. Sometimes due to PST file corruption, AOL emails become inaccessible in Outlook. So, you need to repair PST files first. Recoveryfix for Outlook PST Repair is the best way to recover your data from corrupt or damaged Outlook PST files. It has versatile features like file repair, recovery, cross-platform migration of emails, etc. Also, it recovers permanently deleted emails, whether deleted on purpose or mistakenly.
We went through the process of adding your AOL email account in Outlook. If you are facing PST corruption issues, try this tool. It repairs corrupt PST files and saves PST emails to a new PST, MSG, EML, and DBX. It saves your time and is easy to manage; it even recovers permanently deleted emails. And it is compatible with all versions of Windows.
Read Related Blog
- Steps to Fix Outlook error “The Set of Folders Cannot be Open”
- Fix Microsoft Outlook Not Sending Emails on Windows 11
- Fix Outlook Spell & Grammar Check is Not Working Issue