Many organizations use Lotus Notes for the email communication. Lotus Notes along with Domino Server provides integrated collaboration functionality including emails, calendaring, contacts, tracking, instant messaging, office productivity suite and access to Lotus Domino applications and database. Other than being an email client, this application is a part of many possible applications such as, add-ins, widgets, plug-ins or more.
Many times, when two large organizations merge or just shift their Exchange Servers due to some unavoidable situations, entire emails and user mailboxes need to be shifted from Lotus Notes to MS Outlook. One can perform email conversion manually. However, sometimes, some mailbox content gets missing after migration and users are stuck in order to retrieve that data. Here is how to retrieve these files.
Usually, content that is stored on Domino server will be migrated and content that is stored in personal archives would not be migrated. In some cases, migration will transfer only a certain amount of data and ignore the rest. There can be date or size restriction while converting. Hence:
- Open the user’s mailbox at Lotus Notes Domino Server.
- Check if the missing items exist in the mailbox on the server and that such items are not in the user’s personal archive.
- Some Lotus Notes Items do not have an equivalent object type in Outlook, and they will not be migrated. Have a look:
1. Any email messages that contain a stored form such as emails from an application
2. Phone or “While you were away” email notifications
3. Email messages about meeting acceptances or declines such as Thumbs up and Thumbs down email messages
Once you have confirmed, perform the Lotus Notes migration again. This method takes a lot of time and as you may see, there is no guarantee of recovering entire user mailbox. Manually converting Lotus Notes to MS Outlook may require more time and technical skills. Hence, usage of third party RecoveryFix for Lotus Notes to Outlook software is preferred.
This easy to use and well-organized software is integrated with set of quick and efficient algorithms that instantly converts NSF files to PST. It converts Domino server mailbox accounts, supports Unicode character conversion and effectively converts email messages, contacts, appointments, tasks, notes, attachments, calendar entries, journals etc. It also lets the user save converted NSF file to existing PST or a new one. The trial version of this software can be used to analyze its performance. It lets you save only ten emails per folder in the evaluation version. To get entire rights of this amazing software, you need to purchase the Recoveryfix for Lotus notes to Outlook software.
Read Related Blog
- How to Export a Disconnected Exchange Mailbox to Outlook PST?
- How to Recover Lost and Deleted Public Folders From Exchange?
- Recover and Restore a Mailbox From Exchange Server 2010