Email is an essential method of business communication that is fast, cheap, and easy. It is easier to reply and forward to more than one person at a time. It is not as cumbersome as calls, skype, or other social media applications. Also, it is more organized and straightforward than texting, voice messaging, and leaving random messages. Email makes it easier to read your previous messages before contacting you by email. So, it’s quicker, simpler, and more transparent than a phone call or personal conversation. And it can be managed using email clients like Outlook. To know more about email management in Outlook, first, we need to understand what IMAP is.
IMAP – Internet Messaging Access Protocol
Protocols like IMAP help to access messages on a remote server. Users can log in through multiple email clients on computers or mobile devices and access their emails.
Nowadays, Outlook is used widely by most companies and businesses. Over the years, Microsoft Outlook has made emailing easy for you. It is not strange that software or program faces an error. The Outlook error 0x800ccc0e is an IMAP authentication error code that appears when a user tries to send or receive emails in Windows 10. Due to this error, Outlook users are not able to send or receive new emails
The critical point is whether you will handle this error efficiently if you are stuck in the same situation. Do not panic; you are here at the right place; we will help you understand the reasons behind the error 0x800CCC0E in Outlook to overcome this problem.
Reasons behind the IMAP error 0X800CCC0E
Now we are explaining to you the reasons behind this IMAP error 0X800CCC0E:
- Slow Internet connectivity
- Technical problems with the server settings
- Corruption in PST files
- Incorrect Outlook profile settings
- Firewall blocking MS Outlook outgoing/incoming messages
- SMTP authentication issues
- Incorrect configuration with wrong port numbers
- Corrupt Outlook profiles
- Faulty add-ins
- Suspicious emails
How to solve the error 0X800CCC0E?
Let’s move to the methods to solve IMAP error 0X800CCC0E.
- First Method: – Check for connectivity issues
First, you check your machine’s connection with the server. Check the Internet connection and the access gateway connection to the Exchange server. Ensure the configuration and settings are correct and everything is in place.
- Second Method: – Disable the antivirus program
An antivirus program is for the security of your system from malware and viruses. At times, antiviruses may not let Outlook connect to the email servers. So, you disable the antivirus on your system to solve the error 0x800cc0e in Outlook through the steps given below:
- Click on the arrow mark on the lower right corner of your desktop.
- Right-click on the antivirus program icon.
- Click Disable to disable the antivirus.
- Third Method: – Run Outlook in Safe mode
A simple method to solve this error is to run Microsoft Outlook in Safe mode. In Safe mode, Outlook starts without loading the add-ins.
- Go to Start, open the Run application, and type in ‘Outlook/safe.’ Then press OK.
- After this, Microsoft Outlook will start working in Safe mode.
- Now open the File and click on the Options tab.
- Then click on Add-inns.
- Then go to “COM Add-ins” in the “Manage box,” and then click on the “Go” button.
- Then uncheck all the add-ins displayed in the list and select the OK button.
- Now restart Outlook and verify whether the same error exists or not.
Note: – If asked, choose your Outlook profile, and enter your Outlook credentials.
- Fourth Method: – Remove all suspicious emails
Any mail or group of emails that are suspicious or has a risk must be removed for security reasons. And emails with suspicious and untrusted attachments also should be immediately removed from the Outlook mailbox.
- Fifth Method: – Clear the stuck messages from the Outbox folder
Messages stuck in the Outbox folder can also be the reason for the 0X800CCC0E Outlook error. Undelivered emails in the Outbox that failed to deliver should be removed. The process is as follows:
- Open Outlook and select “Send/Receive” from the top row. Then select the “Work offline” mode.
- Now select the Outbox folder and delete all the messages stuck up in this folder. Or you can also send it to the draft folder.
- Sixth Method: – Change the SMTP server settings
The IMAP error 0x800ccc0e can happen due to SMTP server and email configuration settings.
Change the outgoing server settings
- Launch Outlook.
- Go to File, then open Account Settings.
- Again, select Account Settings.
- Select the email to be changed and click on change.
- Click on More Settings.
- Under the Outgoing Server tab, select the checkbox ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Click OK.
- Again, start Outlook and check if the error solves or not.
Change the server port number
- This process is the same in method 1st (Change the outgoing server settings) till you reach More Settings.
- Then click on the Advanced tab on the window and increase the timeout of the server.
In the above discussion, we explained the IMAP error 0X800CCC0E in Outlook and the solutions to solve this error. If this error still exists and no method works to solve this error, then maybe your Outlook PST file is corrupted. So we recommend you recover corrupt Outlook PST files using Recoveryfix for Outlook PST Repair. Restore the data to a new healthy PST through this tool. Within a short time, you can solve your problem and do your work as earlier without any errors. Your data will be secure with this tool, and there is no PST size limit for this tool. It is compatible with Microsoft Outlook and all versions of windows. We hope you get help from this article. Have a nice day!
- Fix Outlook Spell & Grammar Check is Not Working Issue
- Inbox Emails Disappear in Outlook – How to Fix the Issue?
- Easy Ways to Fix Outlook 365 Issues on Windows 10