It may come as a surprise that more than 20+ email clients support the MBOX file format, but MS Outlook is the most preferred application among them. Email clients such as Thunderbird, Apple Mail, PocoMail, etc., use the MBOX file format for saving mailbox items. On the other hand, Both MSG and EML file formats are used to store individual mailbox items. EML and MSG files contain message data, including the body, attachments, and header information. Users can access EML and MSG files in different email clients with ease as compared to MBOX files.
There is no easy way to convert MBOX Files to EML and MSG formats. It means that you must use an automated tool for this conversion.
Why convert MBOX files to MSG and EML
- Compatibility: Ensures compatibility with several email clients.
- Ease of Sharing: MSG and EML formats are commonly used for sharing individual email messages, making it easier to exchange specific emails with others.
- Migration Purposes: Migrating between email clients or platforms, MSG and EML formats are often preferred for their ease of transfer and import.
- Storage Optimization: Converting MBOX files to MSG and EML can help in optimizing storage space.
- Selective Extraction: MSG and EML formats allow selective extraction of individual emails from MBOX files, enabling users to manage their email archives more effectively.
Recoveryfix for MBOX to PST is a simple tool to convert single or multiple MBOX files to PST with ease. Using this tool, you can easily convert your MBOX emails to EML and MSG formats. It allows you to add multiple MBOX files for conversion in four different formats, such as Outlook PST, MSG, EML, and Office 365. It comes with a conversion rule feature using which you can filter the data by Date, Subject, To, From, and more.
Moreover, the live preview feature sets it apart from other similar tools. By using this feature, you can get a detailed preview of your mailbox items before exporting them to the desired location. You don’t need to worry about the migration as your data is migrated with absolute precision without altering the original structure (maintaining the original hierarchy).
Follow all the steps given carefully to convert your MBOX files into MSG and EML.
- Launch the application and select your email client.
- Tap on Add Folder to select the folder that contains MBOX files and proceed to Next.
- Choose the folders from the Folder List to preview the content.
- Click on Save, and a conversion wizard option will pop up. Select the filters according to your requirements under the ‘Define Filter Criteria for conversion’ section.
- You choose to save the MBOX files to any one of the four formats. Select your desired location to save files.
- Monitor the conversion progress in the dialog box.
- You can see the location of your saved files on the screen.
- A PST file is stored at your desired location.
There are no manual ways to convert MBOX files to EML or MSG file formats directly. In such a situation, you can only rely on a professional Recoveryfix for MBOX to PST tool. It accomplishes the conversion task smoothly. Also, it offers several useful features that can assist you in error-free conversion of EML or MSG files.
Read Related Blog
- 3 Methods to archive Thunderbird emails
- 3 Methods to export Apple Mail to Outlook
- Complete guide to import emails from Thunderbird to Gmail account