A common issue that arises after you convert your hard disk from FAT file system to NTFS file system is that after converting from FAT 32 to NTFS file system, when you try to restart your Windows operating system, you are unsuccessful in doing so and get an error message instead. Windows data recovery tools are available in the market. Carefully choose upon a professional Windows data recovery tool.
Suppose you want to convert your hard disk from FAT 32 file system to NTFS file system. for accomplishing this, you type the following command at the command prompt:
Convert drive :/fs : ntfs After using the aforementioned command, when you try to restart your Windows XP operating system, you are not able to perform so rather get the following error message:
“Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: System32\Drivers\Ntfs.sys”
The aforementioned error occurs just in case the Ntfs.sys file is missing or becomes corrupt when you convert from FAT32 to NTFS file system.
In order to resolve the aforementioned error message, you must replace the missing or corrupt Ntfs.sys file.
- Restart your computer system using the Windows XP CD.
Welcome to Setup screen appears.
- Select “To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console” by pressing R.
- Press the R option.
- Enter the number of Windows installation that you want to access and then press the Enter key.
- When prompted, enter the Administrative password
- At the command prompt, enter the below-mentioned commands.
Note: Press the Enter key after every command.
ren ntfs.sys ntfs.old
- At the command prompt, enter the below-mentioned command and then press the Enter key:
copy cd:\i386\ntfs.sys drive:\windows\system32\drivers
- Remove the Windows XP CD.
- At the command prompt, type Quit and then press the Enter key to quit the recovery console.
- Restart your computer system.
By performing the aforementioned steps, you should be able to resolve the aforementioned issue. However, if the issue is not resolved, then you must use a professional Windows data recovery tool to resolve the issue.
Recoveryfix for Windows data recovery is a professional and efficient tool that is specifically devised to repair the damaged and corrupt Windows.
- Most Effective Strategy to Resolve DBCC CHECKDB – A Consistency Error
- Quick Restoration of PST files even after failure of Inbox Repair tool
- How to repair an Excel file throwing an inaccessibility error message: “Data may have been lost”?