How many times does it happen that you lose an unsaved Word file you are working on? There are many uncertainties due to which this happens, most importantly when the system crashes or shuts down abruptly. The rest of the uncertainties are – mistakenly closing the document, mishandling the document, virus attack, power cut off, and many other reasons.
Many of us might think it is not recoverable, which is not true. There are ways with the help of which you can recover Word document if followed on time.
- Open MS Word and click on File.
- Click on Info > Manage Documents > Recover Unsaved Documents.
- On the next page, it will show you a list of unsaved documents. Select the one which you want to recover and click on Open.
- Now, the recovered file with data will open, click on Save As and save the file with a name. Click on Save.
- Open MS Word and start by clicking on File.
- Click on Open, click on Recent, and there you will see a list of recent documents. At the end of the list, click on Recover Unsaved Documents.
- You will see a list of unsaved documents; you need to select an unsaved document from there and click on Open.
- Now the document with recovered data will open where you need to click on Save As and save the file with a name. Click on Save to finish.
By following these steps (mentioned in Methods 1 and 2), you can recover any unsaved document in Word. It is suggested to save your file as soon as you start working on it; by this, you can save yourself from a lot of trouble. Saving a file earlier will make your document and its data safe and secure. Keep saving your data while working on it, and you will never have to face it again.
Recent Changes are Not Saved
Now the question arises, what if you have already saved your document but failed to save the recent changes and closed the document?
Following are the steps to follow.
- Open MS Word and click on File.
- Click on Options.
- A new Window Word option will open. Here you need to click on Save and under Save Documents, customize the time in ‘Save Auto Recover information every’ in minutes, and click on Ok.
What if the Word Document is Severely Corrupted?
Another scenario is when your document and data are saved with even the latest changes, but you are unable to open the file anyway. This type of problem indicates that your file is corrupted, Microsoft word not responding, and you need to repair and recover the data inside it. In this case, we would recommend a reputed Word file repair software like Recoveryfix for Word Recovery.
The software is easy to operate and accessible to all. It can resolve problems related to file corruption in multiple formats. It can recover each sort of data that a Word document could have.
To deal with word file corruption you just need to install and run the software and follow the instructions, or you can go through the easy guide that comes with the software.
Although manual methods of recovering data from an unsaved document are easy and reliable, they can’t help with the corruption or damage issues that your file may face due to several reasons. For that, you need the aid of expert software to repair DOC files, just like this tool.
- Recover Unsaved/Lost Microsoft Word Documents
- Options to Recover Unsaved PowerPoint (PPT) Files
- Some Easy to Use Methods to Fix Docx File Corruption