“My friend has a good collection of action movies and I had taken many of them on my USB pen drive. But recently when I took the movies and tried to play them on my computer, I got the video can’t play error. It showed that the format was incorrect and unsupportive. Although I have been playing the same format on the computer for many years. But I don’t know why this problem is occurring.”
There can be many circumstances where the video file of the MP4 stop playing and give the video error. You can lose your favorite movies, wedding videos, informative tutorials, holiday videos, etc.
Cause of the 0xc00d36c4 video error
There can be multiple reasons behind the error. The simple reasons may be an unsupported video file format, corruption in the video file, or corruption in codecs. Sometimes, Windows 10 shows the error when you are playing the video through the USB drive or DVD. Several methods target the issues and remove them efficiently. These methods can help you to repair corrupt MP4 video files. Let’s check some of them one by one;
Play the video in a different video player
If the current video player is not able to play the desired video and is showing the error, then your first reaction should be to play the video in a different video player. There are several prominent video players like VLC Player, MX Player, QuickTime Player, KMPlayer, etc. in which you can play the video and see that which player runs the video.
Download the missing codecs in Windows Media Player
Codecs in the Windows Media Player are important because they translate unsupported kind of media files to the Windows Media Player. To download codecs, you can open the Player and follow the steps:
- Go to Tools, then click Options and then Player.
- Here check the box Download codecs automatically.
- Restart the Windows Media Player and if the pop-up prompts up to download the codes, then click OK.
Disable the copy protection in Player
If the video is not playing when you are playing the video through a USB drive or DVD Drive, then the error can be due to the copy protection feature. Here is how you can tackle the problem:
- Start Windows Media Player and click the Organize menu.
- Choose Options in the last.
- Go to under the Rip Music tab and uncheck the option copy protect music.
- Restart the Media Player and try to run the video again.
Update the Device Manager
Updating the USB driver can also help in removing the error while playing the video through USB Pen Drive.
- In the Applications Menu, find Device Manager and open it.
- After opening the Device Manager, go to Universal Serial Bus Controller and open it.
- There will be multiple USB drivers, choose each of them and right-click, then choose the option Update driver.
- After updating the sufficient number of drivers, close the Device Manager and restart Windows Media Player.
Update the Display Driver software
Updating the display driver can be proved helpful in removing the video not playing error effectively.
- Open the Device Manager and go to Network adapters.
- Choose the display driver, right-click it, and choose Update Driver Software.
Repair the corrupt video file
Even after using all the manual methods to remove the video not playing error, there is no surety of complete removal of the issue. In such a case, you should take the assistance of professional software like Recoveryfix Video Repair tool. It will scan an unlimited number of video files and rectify the corruption from them. Here is the process of using the software;
- Download and install the software. Then click the Add File(s) button.
- Browse the video files that are not playing or showing the error.
- After adding the video files, click the Repair Files button.
- Choose the destination folder where you want to save the recovered videos.
- After recovering the video files, you can see the status of each video as Success and its saving location.
Recoveryfix Video Repair is a user-friendly solution for individual and professionals who want to repair their precious video files. The software does not make any changes in the video file and keeps the files in the same format, aspect ratio, audio quality, etc.
- Repair Corrupt AVI Video File Free Manually
- 5 Simple Techniques to Fix “Video Not Playing” Issue
- A Simple Guide to Repair Corrupt WMV Video Files