If for some reason your PC shuts downs of its own, Error shows, “The system has rebooted without clearly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.”
This crucial error occurs when your PC reboots or restarts unexpectedly may be due to sudden power failure or sudden shutdown. Some other reasons like failure of Hardware, System overlocking, Outdated BIOS, Incompatibility of drivers etc.
In the present blog we have tried to explain the reasons which could be responsible for the occurrence of this error and the potential solutions to overcome it.
Let us resolve the Error whit the probable causes
BY CHANGING POWER OPTIONS
Power setting may play an important role in occurrence of this error. For power setting follow the under given steps:
- Type ‘control panel’ in search box and click enter or search button.
- Below the search bar at the top of the screen, on right side find & click on ‘view by large icons.’
- Click on ‘Power options’.
- On the right side find ‘Change plan setting’ &click on it.
- Go to ‘Change advanced power settings’.
- Expand ‘Hard disk’.
- For ‘Turn off hard disk after’ ‘on battery’ set at ‘zero’ or ‘never’.
- Click ‘Apply’. And then click ‘Ok’.
- Similarly expand ‘sleep after’ and set for ‘zero’ or ‘never’.
- Click ‘Apply’ and then ‘Ok’.
UPDATING ALL DRIVERS ON THE SYSTEM
Outdated drivers may be responsible for the error. They perform a vital role of informing the system and software how to perform with the particular hardware. You can say that they are responsible for coordination of system and software with the hardware.
Generally’ updating Windows updates all drivers but, some may not be updated with the Windows. If it has been long since you last updated the system then it is time to do so. This may help you fix this error 41.
(Note: Outdated or wrong or improper installation of device drivers may also lead to issues like, DPC Watchdog Violation in Windows 10/11. To fix this issue read, easy methods to fix DPC watchdog violation in windows 10/11.)
To update the all drivers follow the given steps:
- Go to start button, right click, find device manager in the menu and expand it. Expansion will show devices connected to your PC.
- Find the device you wish to update and expand that device.
- Find the device you wish to update and right click on it.
- Click on ‘update driver’.
- New tab will open displaying choice to search updated driver software automatically or to do so manually. It is recommended that it should be done automatically.
- Once process of updating is complete, click on ‘Close’
- Restart your PC and see if the error still exists.
- If updating all the drivers does not work then expand ‘Sound, Video and game controller’ in the device manager and try to find if there exist duplicate audio driver, right click and select ‘Disable device’. If this also does not work then disable the audio driver if any exists and see if error still persists.
TURNING OFF ‘FAST START UP’.
Windows 10 has a feature named ‘Fast Start Up’ which provides for booting your computer faster. Fast start up can also be the reason for this error 41. This can be explained as when this feature is working, it will seem to you that your computer is shutdown completely which actually is not shut down.
To overcome this error you need to disable the feature of fast start up. To disable the same follow the steps given below:
- Go to the ‘Control Panel’
- Go to ‘power options’ and on left panel find for ‘what the power button does’ and click on it.
- Click on ‘change settings that are currently unavailable’.
- Find ‘Shut down settings’.
- Uncheck ‘Turn on fast start up (recommended)’.
- Click on ‘save changes’.
See if error is fixed. Note to be taken that this setting will take more time to boot your computer.
CHECKING THE HARDWARE
Sometimes, Kernel Power Error 41 may occur due to your hardware. Check your hardware for following issues:
- Overheating or overlocking of your hardware.
- Dust on RAM.
- RAM and wires connections are proper and correct.
- Power connectors are properly and correctly connected to GPU & motherboard.
(Note: make sure while checking hardware, you’re your computer is turned off and power connection is also off.)
After checking all the above things, check if error 41 is resolved.
DISABLING THE ‘AUTOMATICALLY RESTART’ IN THE ‘ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS’
When none of the above stated reasons are responsible for the error 41 and none of the above described fixes works to combat this error, then only you should try to disable ‘Automatically restart’ setting to fix this error. Disabling ‘Automatic restart’ function would stop random restarts resulting in this error. To disable ‘Automatically restart’ follow the under given steps:
- Go to ‘control panel’, find and click ‘system’.
- On the left find and click on ‘Advanced system settings’.
- ‘System properties’ window will open. Click on ‘Advanced’ Tab.
- Go to ‘startup and recovery’. Click on ‘settings’.
- This will open in new window. Under ‘system failure’ find ‘Automatically restart’ and uncheck it.
- Click ‘ok’.
- Restart your PC and check if error 41 still exists.
If nothing above proves helpful then scenario may be that crashing of system due to kernel power error 41, may have caused losing all the data of your computer.
(Note: Besides reason, ‘kernel power error 41’, data of your computer can be lost for any other reason also, thus, to recover/retrieve your data in Windows 11, do read, retrieve windows 11 data instantly after data loss
In case of in-accessibility of data due to, corrupt registry in Windows 10/11, you are advises to go through ways to fix registry corruption in windows 10/11.)
To recover the lost data you need third party tool. We recommend you to go for Recoveryfix For Windows Data Recovery.
Recoveryfix For Windows Data Recovery is a powerful yet easy to use software which helps you to recover your lost or corrupted data or inaccessible data expeditiously, easily, completely, safely, secured and in desired format. This will help you recover complete data of your Windows whether it be images, MS office files, Documents, Media files, Graphic files, video files, Emails and all other data. Salient features which further proves it more desirable is that besides restoring of data it recovers and restores the data back in same folder and in same hierarchy, in other words in same organized manner as were organized originally.
- 5 Ways to Fix Inaccessible Boot Device Error in Windows 11/10
- How to Recover the Data from External Hard Drive?
- Some Popular Methods to Repair Microsoft Word files