The abbreviation, OST stands for Offline Storage Table. It gets created when Cached Exchange Mode is enabled in MS Outlook configured with an Exchange account. When the Exchange Server is offline, the OST file gives access to the mailbox data, and this file gets synchronized with the server mailbox and updates all the new email information as soon as the Exchange is online. So, with the OST file, the user can work offline as well. There might turn up certain occasions when the users need to disable these OST Files.
The very necessity of disabling OST files comes in many situations. The system frequently freezes due to space problems. This problem commonly occurs as a result of huge OST files. But what happens as a result of this problem? The problem leads to corruption, thereby preventing the Outlook from functioning properly. Therefore, it becomes necessary to have the large-sized removed so that the Outlook may work without any problem. And to stop OST file from growing, one can disable the offline mode in Outlook.
Having seen that there are some reasons to disable OST files, we now proceed to find out how one can disable the OST files. The steps are provided here:
- The process begins with the synchronization of OST files with the server folders. This synchronization is done in the following manner:
- Go to the Tools menu. Select Send/Receive. Choose the folder required (in case of a particular folder).
- In case of synchronization of all folders, go to Tools menu, go to Send/Receive and then click on the Send/Receive All option.
- In case the user wishes to synchronize groups, go to Tools menu, select Send/Receive. Click on the name of the group.
It so happens many times that the OST files on your system are inaccessible due to various reasons. In that case, it is necessary to find a third-party tool to help you. But how can the tool help? Well, one can easily Convert OST to PST formats so that one no longer has to deal with the problems of OST files.
Our attempt is to find for our readers, a reliable tool for OST to PST conversion. Therefore, it is fitting to talk of RecoveryFix for OST to PST Converter. These are how the tool is beneficial for the user:
- RecoveryFix for OST to PST Converter can effectively convert the OST File to PST format. The Tool is not concerned if the file is large. Further, the tool can easily scan an OST file using one of its two scanning modes.
- The Tool is capable of speedy recovery without any loss of data, and it is further capable of recovering severely damaged files. Moreover, the tool can recover mailbox data from orphaned OST files. The Tool also allows its user to preview the converted file before saving it, keeping the original hierarchy intact. Additionally, the Tool also enables the user to select and preview particular datum.
- Using RecoveryFix OST to PST Converter can recover those files that have been deleted permanently either intentionally or accidentally. The recovery can be done speedily. Adding on, it offers a preview and allows saving in different formats such as PST or DBX or MSG or EML files.
- Finally, the tool can help its users in saving corrupt or damaged OST File data to Outlook or Outlook Express
Are you looking for easy steps to Disable OST File? We hope the writeup has provided you some help concerning this matter. But if your OST files are inaccessible, do not be afraid to use the OST to PST Converter by RecoveryFix.
Read Related Blog
- Guide to Change OST File Location Outlook 365
- How to Open Outlook OST Files Without Exchange Server?
- How to Fix the Outlook OST File Error Code 0000000E?